Talking Sense may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
What information do we collect about you & how is it processed?
- We collect and process personal information when you voluntarily choose to receive marketing communications from us (see marketing section below).
- Your website usage information is also collected using cookies (see cookies section below).
Who will my personal information be shared with?
- Your personal information may be shared with third party organisations, but only for the purposes of the contract we have with you, or to deliver marketing communications from us that you have consented to. This is currently limited to:
- the transfer of your information to marketing partners which organise the delivery of our e-newsletter and training brochure. We will not share or sell your details with other companies for marketing purposes.
- IT support services, in order to assist with the smooth running of our website and computer operations.
- Financial services (such as PayPal) and accounting support – for processing payments and for the legal keeping of our accounting records.
How can I receive marketing communications from you and how will my data be handled?
- We would love to keep you updated about Talking Sense courses, news and special offers, but will only do so with your consent.
- You can subscribe to email communications via the Contact Us page of this website.
- We will store your personal data securely and only use this information to deliver what you have asked us to and communicate with you in the ways you have chosen (email and/or postal).
- We will not sell or share your details with other companies for marketing purposes.
How can I update my marketing preferences or unsubscribe altogether?
- You are free to update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time and we will promptly amend or delete your information as requested. You can do this by contacting us using any of the following details: email@example.com.
- There is also a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of our marketing emails.
How long will you keep my information for?
- We will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected and in line with legal requirements to keep accounting records for 6 years from the end of the last company financial year.
What can I do if my information is incorrect?
- It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and we will promptly correct any errors. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I access my personal information?
- You are entitled to a copy of all or part of the information we hold on you. Please contact us using any of the following details and we will deal with your request within one month: email@example.com
How is my information kept secure?
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
What can I do if I’m unhappy with how my data is being handled?
- Please in the first instance contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF